Dear Uplift Parent,
Thank you for being part of our school community. On an annual basis we conduct a parent survey to gather feedback from you our parent partners. We use the results of the survey to improve our schools and our overall network. This survey is anonymous and we appreciate your honest feedback. The survey will be open from March 5th to March 26th.
Please take a few minutes to give us your input on how we are doing by clicking this link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/lp/endpage-8/?sm=cealg28eH84fflT6plNu5vhPUmM%2fdJtmQokM94KmN1k%3d
Please remember that we share the back gravel lot with the LC Equestrian Center and understand that there will be several upcoming horse show events in the next few weeks. It is important to be mindful of their needs when entering/exiting the back gravel lot.
These events will bring in heavy traffic, horses, trailers, and more pedestrians, which will greatly impact our carpool drop-off and pick-up so, if possible, it is best to avoid use of this back gravel lot on the bookend dates of each horse show weekend.
Please see the specific dates below and/or the link to view the calendar of events at the LC Equestrian Center.
Thursday, March 27th
Friday, March 28th
Thursday, March 6th
Friday, March 21st
Monday March 24th
Friday, April 4th
Friday, April 11th
Monday, April 14th
Thursday, May 1st
Friday, May 2nd
Monday, May 5th
Friday, May 9th
Monday, May 12th
Thursday, May 15th
Friday, May 16th
I’m happy to announce that Yahoo has lifted the block with Uplift Education. It is unknown why we were blocked to begin with and unfortunately Yahoo does not disclose their spam filtering policies. There are many scenarios that could cause an organization’s mail reputation to be negatively affected so it’s important that we all do our part to make sure we follow best practices.
We’ll continue to monitor the mail activity with Yahoo over the next few day but feel confident that it has been resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Regards,George Gonzales (CCNA; Network+; MCSA:messaging) | Exchange Administrator
Dear NHP Parents,
After much thought over the holiday break, I have decided to retire at the end of this school year. I will remain throughout the school year and will stay as needed to provide a smooth transition. This decision was not an easy one for me to make, but after spending eight years here I am confident that teachers, parents and administrators will continue to work together to maintain our exemplary academic and character development programs.
As a community we have continually supported scholars so they understand the importance of being knowledgeable, inquirers, thinkers and open-minded. Daily we see the benefits of scholars respecting others and building positive relationships. Your children are amazing and always a source of inspiration for each of us!
We could not open our doors without the daily support and efforts of our parents. I am confident that your support will continue and want to thank all of our many volunteers for your dedication to NHP. We all appreciate the time you dedicate to shelve books in the library, chaperone fieldtrips, and preparing hot lunches for our staff to enjoy in the middle of a busy day.
I wish you all the best and will always be thankful for this incredible opportunity.
NHP Primary Director
Dear Uplift North Hills Prep families,
As many of you know, a dedicated group of Uplift and Uplift North Hills stakeholders (parents, founders, Central Office staff, campus leadership, local board) met regularly since January to share recommendations with the Uplift board regarding zip code preferences for the lottery and enhancements to parent/campus communication. We deeply appreciate the time, passion, and thoughtfulness this group of people brought to their work. They shared their recommendations with the Uplift Board in June, and the board voted to accept almost all of their recommendations at its annual retreat this past weekend. Specifically:
- We will not use zip code preferences as part of the lottery process for Uplift North Hills. As we have done previously, we will continue to give preferences to staff children and siblings of existing students.
- We will move the lottery date to February 1 in order to expand our marketing and community outreach efforts to raise awareness about Uplift NHP and to bring consistency in lottery timing for similar tenured schools in our network.
- We are currently redesigning all of our campus websites to make them both more user-friendly and also a reliable place to find updated campus information.
- We would like for VIP to nominate 3-5 parents as potential local Uplift Irving board members for the Uplift board governance committee to vet. Any parent or teacher can recommend an active parent volunteer to the VIP for consideration as a nominee. Uplift Infinity (also covered by the Uplift Irving board) will do the same. The VIP group from each campus with then narrow down the list to 3-5 active parents as potential local Uplift Irving board members for the Uplift board governance committee to vet and recommend for approval by the Uplift board. The goal is to have representation by parents from each school on the Uplift Irving board so that at least one-third of the total board members are parents.
- We are not going to bring back the “Communication Advocacy Team” (CAT) at this time as we believe some of the other actions around communication taking place might have more of an impact.
- We are going to use a newly created parent e-newsletter sent out by Uplift’s CEO to incorporate short online surveys to capture parent input on various topics and potential policies.
Over the next few weeks, you will find on your campus website and in a newsletter sent home the dates for all of the Uplift Irving board meetings. Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend. The agendas are posted on the website in advance so you can see what topics will be covered.
Thank you again for your support. We value our parents as partners in our collective efforts to make sure every child in our network is prepared to reach their highest potential.
Chief Executive Officer
Direct (469) 621-8510
Cell (469) 644-5327
Fax (214) 276-0363
Physical 1770 Viceroy Drive, Dallas, TX 75235-2308
Mailing 606 E Royal Lane, Irving, TX 75039-3503
The mission of North Hills Preparatory is to provide an education that empowers students to reach their highest potential and inspires a love of learning.
We will achieve this Mission by:
Providing a preparatory curriculum of the highest standards that encourages children to raise the level of expectations that they place upon themselves and motivates them to become successful leaders.
Creating a diverse community that embraces the ideals of responsible citizenship in an environment of respect for our world and its peoples.
Creating traditions and symbols that continually illustrate and reinforce our goals among all members of our community.